Seven Reasons to avoid lending your approval to the Rob Ford Takedown
Last Updated on
In one of my books, I had mentioned that Canada was technically a pretendocracy. While the institutions for a free society are present, access to political leadership is restricted by secret societies and undocumented cabals to a few elite bloodlines. Occasionally, commoners may bumble into positions of political leadership. And even more rarely, they may gain an active following. But when this happens, we get something like the Rob Ford takedown. I had never known Rob Ford prior to the media frenzy (nor have I ever known any mayor of Toronto). But as LewRockwell.com reported, the writing is on the wall. The Mighty Wurlitzer of the mainstream media doesn’t start manning the harpoons like that unless some big toes have been stepped on. Anyway, here are some reasons to avoid lending your approval to the Rob Ford takedown.
- Except for Torontonians and residents of the province of Ontario, the position of the mayor of Toronto is generally obscure to everyone else. Nobody cares. But when somebody tries to make you care, then something is not right. Previous mayors of Toronto loved this obscurity (unlike the boisterous Rob Ford) because it allowed them to carry on their very Canadian style of undetectable corruption.
Rob Ford’s misdemeanours pale in comparison to those of other Canadian public figures. This is a country where the commander of an air force base and a pilot who also flew the Prime Minister around led the double life of a serial murderer-rapist. In the province of Nova Scotia, one MP faced allegations of pedophilia, but these were never picked up by the mainstream media. As a rule, Canadian mainstream media always pretend to ignore accusations against powerful figures, unless the Powers That Be sent them on some kind of witch-hunt.
- Rob Ford’s misdemeanours have been upgraded to allegations sexual harassment. These are trademarks of character assassination.
- Rob Ford’s misdemeanours are suddenly no longer the problem of the city of Toronto, but of the entire province of Ontario.
- Rob Ford’s misdemeanours are suddenly no longer the problem of the city of Toronto but that of Canada! No mayor in Canadian history has probably got so much coverage. And almost every Canadian government department, from the police to CBC are manning the harpoons. There would be no surprise if the army is called in.
- Rob Ford’s misdemeanours are suddenly no longer the problem of the city of Toronto but that of North America! American gossip website Gawker tried to raise $200,000 to purchase a video of Rob Ford smoking cocaine, and we are expected to believe that all of this money was coming from its readers. Saturday Night Live did a skit on him too!
- Rob Ford’s misdemeanours are suddenly no longer the problem of the city of Toronto but that of the world! Just like global warming. Even Russia Today is reporting on him!
Pretty soon, we might also see a video of
Osama Bin Laden Ayman al-Zawahiri endorsing him.